[92002] Scheduled shutdown strange behaviour

[92002] Scheduled shutdown strange behaviour

Hi,

We are using the scheduled shutdown tool to shutdown every computers that are still on at 09:00 pm (scheduled every day at 8:45 with 15 min of grace time).

This week-end we had Windows update on the ME DC server and after its reboot the Desktopcentral server service was stopped (until now it is a normal behaviour). The DC service was in a stopped state from 8:00 AM sunday to 8:00 AM this morning (monday).

But this time when I started the desktopcentral server service this morning 08:00 AM, the shutdown commands have been sent to the computers (8:04 AM instead of 8:45 PM). See screenshot :

You can imagine that sending shutdown commands to production computers with users working on them is not a really cool thing to do.

It looks like desktopcentral executed this morning at 8:04 AM the command it couldn't execute the day before at 8:45 PM because the service was stopped.

We do install Windows updates every month (sunday) and every monday after the updates I start the DC service. This is the first time, to my knowledge, that this behaviour is observed.

Maybe is it a bug/feature introduced with build 92002?

Anyway it might be a good idea in some cases to run commands it couldn't run stopped as soon as the service is started again but, in my opinion, not in this case.

Maybe you should implement a run window to this kind of schedule (between xx:xx and xx:xx not before, not after).

Any help?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Sylvain

New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?