Access Denied

Access Denied

The support articles are extremely vague on details about what an error code means.

I have the ADAuditPlus server using a service account that is setup according to this article:

The only difference is we've made the service account local admin on the servers placed into the member group for auditing through GPO because we're not individually adding local admins. Also, we're a PCI compliant shop so a domain admin account is a flat out no go. On the server in question the policy has made it down to the server and the service account is in the local Administrators group. However, I still get the following error message under Member Server Configuration (Frustratingly, I couldn't copy the error because your UI truncates it and there's no way to adjust the column width, seriously WTF?):

Error Code

System Message

Cause

Solution

Access is Denied.

No Access Permission.

Check the Domain Account configured in domain settings has access privilege to the particular machine.

There is no additional privilege to give as the user is a local admin. I also double checked that the service account is properly setup and it is. Can you please provide the detailed info of everything this account must have, because the article is apparently lacking some very important information to get a service account working for AD Audit Plus. Some detailed information on how to troubleshoot this error would be helpful. What protocols is your system trying to use to connect with the servers in regards to the status it shows in the "Member Servers Configuration" page? I have read through everything I could find in regards to administration and everything is set as far as your documentation outlines. How does it communicate with the server? What other special permissions does it need? Can you please update your documentation for accuracy please? Because it irritates those of us who actually do our research.
              New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?