ManageEngine Forums
I

Error Code 522

in ADAudit Plus  •  General  •  13 Jan 2012
Hello,

I just installed the Trial Version of ADAudit Plus and am getting the error "A required priveledge is not held by the client Error 522" when trying to configure a domain controller. I have a privileged user account that I successfully authenticated with so I'm not sure why its giving me this error. Thanks for any help.

Replies (10)

Re: Error Code 522

17 Jan 2012
Dear Customer,

Greetings from ManageEngine ADAudit Plus Team!

The "Error Code : 522" states that the account provided to ADAudit Plus doesn't have 'Event Log Read permission'. Please click on the below link to find the privileges required for collecting data from Security Log.

Regards

ADAudit Plus Team
+1-408-916-9891

18 Jan 2012
I had the same problem and followed the instructions above but its still didn't work.  I installed this tool on a Windows 2008 R2.  I tested by installing this tool on Windows XP and it works for me without the error message 522.  Is there a problem with this tool running on Windows 2008 R2? 

19 Jan 2012
Dear Customer,

ADAudit Plus supports Windows Server 2008 R2 platform. Please send an email to support@adauditplus.com with your contact details and convenient time so that we can call and provide assistance.

Regards

ADAudit Plus Team
+1-408-916-9891

25 Jan 2012
I am experiencing the same error on a Windows 2008 R2 server.  I have done all of the steps listed in the instructions and I am still getting the error.  This problem appears to be intermittent, sometimes I do not get the error and the pull of the log file works, other times it does not work.  I have contacted support about the issue as well and I am waiting for a solution. 

27 Jan 2012
Had similar problem where the user credentials i used was working fine; next day had the error; i noticed that Ad Audit password function doesn't accept complex password. I created a new password on the domain this time without the extra characters and just seems to work fine now.
Bruce Employee

27 Jan 2012
Hi,

Greetings from ManageEngine ADAudit Plus Team!

Please write to support@adauditplus.com with contact details so that we can call and provide assistance regarding the Error code : 522 .

Thanks and Regards
ADAudit Plus Team !

27 Mar 2012
I have just installed it on my windows 7 PC and I am supplying my windows admin credential that I always use to fetech the data from windows 2008 R2 server for the file share auditing and I am getting the same error

30 Mar 2012
Hi,

Please run the ADAudit Plus service with privileged account(Ensure the  User has Event log Read, WMI & C$ permissions on the corresponding DC. 

*  Stop ADAudit Plus

*  Open the command prompt (Right Click --> Run as administrator)

*  Change dir to <Installation Folder>\ManageEngine\ADAudit Plus\Bin

*  Execute "InstallNTService.bat"

*  Open the services.msc windows and start "ManageEngine ADAudit Plus" Service

* Locate "ManageEngine ADAudit Plus" Service --> Right click --> Properties

* Click on "Log on" tab and  select the "This Account" and provide the User credential 

If the issue persists, please write to support@adauditplus.com with contact details and a best time to call so that we can assist you further .

Regards

ADAudit Plus Team
+1-408-916-9891

25 May 2012
Dear Support,

I would like to inform you that I have installed ADaudit plus in my local computer windows 7 and I have follow up via guide line but it still not work and show message: Provide a privileged user name & password, for fetching events from "Security" log (my domain). Could you please help me to fix this issue for me.

Best Regard, 

28 May 2012
Dear Customer,

Once the required permission is provided, ADAudit Plus should be able to collect the data from the configured server. Please write to support@adauditplus.com with contact details so that we can call and provide assistance.

Regards

ADAudit Plus Team