Feature requests

Feature requests

Hi. 

Include non-managed devices in the inventory
I use Desktop Central to manage configuration and inventory for my Windows stuff.  I like the fact that i can get reports of servers with Maintenance due to expire.  However this only really corresponds to my Microsoft inventory.  It would be nice if I could add a VMWare host or non-managed device in here so that I could have all of my inventory information in one place. 

If I entered a Dell service tag for a VMWare host, it would track the maintenance date just like if it was a Windows server. 

If I entered details for a PBX, spam appliance or telephone handset then it would be wonderful to have access to all my serial numbers and expiration dates in one place.

And hopefully since these aren't managed devices it wouldn't count against my license the way a windows machine might.
Note field
On the computer details page (with tabs at the top) it would be useful to have a notes field with a rich-text input box.  Would be useful to keep history of failures, weird configuration notes, etc..

Maintenance Agreements
Please consider adding the ability to track my maintenance agreements with various vendors (that apply to these devices or not.)  The usual fields that would pertain to a service contract plus a calendar.. that could alert me when an anniversary date was approaching.

Thanks for your consideration
                New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?