Remote MSSQL Restore of build 9000 fails

Remote MSSQL Restore of build 9000 fails

Hi there,

Currently trying to restore a botched update of ServiceDesk.  MS SQL (2012) runs on a separate server than ServiceDesk.

I ended up uninstalling ServiceDesk, renaming the old directory and then reinstalling another 9000 build using the package from here:  http://archives.manageengine.com/service-desk/9.0/

Once a fresh build was installed, pointing to the MS SQL server, I then stopped the ME service and attempted to run a restore using the "restoreData.bat" file.

The restore fails with relevant data below:

*********************************************************************************
You chose to open this file: C:\ManageEngine\ServiceDesk.BAK\backup\backup_mssql_9000_fullbackup_07_23_2014_11_34.data
File name is :  C:\ManageEngine\ServiceDesk.BAK\backup\backup_mssql_9000_fullbackup_07_23_2014_11_34.data
Extracting backup file....

Please wait extracting backup file

*************************************************************.\backup_info.xml
Backpup data    : Wed Jul 23 11:34:36 PDT 2014
Database name   : servicedesk
Total Tables    : 1287
Database Server : mssql
Build Number    : 9000

Active DB Server = mssql
Database connectionProp : null
Database started

Please wait ! Deleting table data in Progress..
0-----------------------50------------------------100(%)
====================================================================
Error Tables : wordmap,wordoccurrences
0-----------------------50------------------------100(%)
QUERY = INSERT INTO DynamicTables (DYNAMIC_TABLE_ID,TABLENAME,MODULE,CHAR_COLS,NUM_COLS,DATE_COLS,DEC_COLS) VALUESnull
Unable to restore database : Invalid object name 'DynamicTables'.
Invalid object name 'DynamicTables'.

Output at the command prompt actually includes more information than what I was able to pipe to a log file.  Those errors at the command prompt:

WARNING: AUTO_QUOTE_IDENTIFIERS not support for this DB...
Error while trying to instantiate SQLGeneratir com.adventnet.db.adapter.mssql.MssqlSQLGenerator javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Neet to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an applicatoin resource file: java.naming.facotry.initial
Jul 23, 2014 2:26:56 PM com.adventnet.db.adapter.Jdbc20DBAdapter setUpDB
SEVER: Start DBServer operation is not supported
Error while trying to instantiate SQLGeneratir com.adventnet.db.adapter.SQLGenrator java.lang.InstantiationException: com.adventnet.db.adapter.SQLGenerator
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Invalid object name 'DynamicTables'.

There's a bit more output but that's the gist of it.

Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed?  Let me know if you need more information and I'll be happy to provide.

~Pete

New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?