SDP 8.3 Build 8307 creating new requester even though one already exists

SDP 8.3 Build 8307 creating new requester even though one already exists

Came across an odd bug/error/something today. All of our requesters are imported from AD. I created a request via Quick Create. I typed in the users name and selected them. The account/site were filled in automatically as I tabbed down to the subject and description fields and filled in both. I then click Add More Details, selected a group, a priority and a category and clicked Submit request. The request was created and all seemed fine.

A while later we got a call from the user wanting to know if we had gotten his voicemail. He hadn't received an email informing him that a request had been created. We spent a good bit of time treating this as an email issue, but after some time checking we found that there were now TWO requesters created with the same name. One of them was the real AD imported user with all the usual fields completed and the other was almost entirely blank, with an all lower case name and no email address. This was the user it had created and subsequently selected to create the request for.

Since then we've been able to replicate this once without really even trying. The scenario was almost exactly as the one above. The bulk of the request was created via quick incident then Add More Details was selected where the priority, group and category was filled in and then the request was submitted. In this case it also created a new blank user with the same name, all lower case, no email or other details filled in.

I have figured out a way to replicate this as well. If you select a user via quick create fill in the subject/description and then click add details, you can click on the requester field and modify the persons name and then correct it to be their normal name, but it doesn't recognize them as being the same thing. For instance. if the user is Sam Smith and I click on the name and change the S in Sam to a lower case s, it will let me submit the request and create a new user, but not prompt me to confirm that I want to create a new user. It has let me do this numerous times and as long as I change uppercase and lowercase letters, it will add them as a new requester every time. I have crated Sam Smith, sam smith, Sam smith, sam Smith, sAm sMith, etc and it does not seem to care. It will also allow me to do this directly from quick incident even when I don't click "add more details". Thanks.

PS: keep in mind that the in the situation that originally caused this, I did not modify the requesters name at all. I didn't even click into the field after the initial selection. Modifying the requesters name is just something I discovered that emulates the bug.

New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?