I have modified the WebNMS.jnlp file to have entries of some more jars. However, whenever i tried to launch the ws-client from browser, the jnlp file got replaced with default jnlp and my entries of extra jars got erased. Due to which i got ClassNotFoundException.
Please let me why the jnlp file gets replaced? Is there any other way to set classpath of ws-client?
Yes, WebNMS.jnlp file is overwritten whenever a web start client is connected.
The following values are changed in WebNMS.jnlp file:
* It will remove all the jars entry present under <resources> tag and overwritten the jars to be downloaded, from clientparameters.conf's file ARCHIVE & NMS_ARCHIVE parameters. If you would like to add new jar then include it in this parameter as a comma separated value.
* The IP Address (If the nms.server.host system property is set as a specific IP, that address is taken or the server's IP address got by InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName())
* Web server port (which you give in the URL)
* Language & country details.
* If SSL, the protocol is written as https. otherwise its not written.
Thanks for the information provided. For jar files, it it working as you mentioned in your earlier post.
For us, addition to jar files, we also need some configuration xml files at client side. When we provided entry of those xml files inside ARCHIVE parameter, we were unable to launch the ws client, we got following exception.
com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://172.16.5.51:9090/conf/Reports.xml at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source) at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source) at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
java.io.IOException: Invalid jar file at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpDownloadHelper.download(Unknown Source) at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToTempFile(Unknown Source) at com.sun.deploy.cache.Cache.downloadResourceToCache(Unknown Source)
Please let us know how can we download files other that jars?