Tyler Skelton Formation Lap

App Distribution

Working on it
I have completed the steps in regards to the IOS App Management link for app distribution without a Apple ID. But I'm still being told by the event log that my app distribution command is not executing because it needs a Apple ID. 

https://www.manageengine.com/mobile-device-management/help/app_management/ios_app_management.html

I have exclusively set the token to install apps with out a Apple ID.

But I' am still getting the execution failed status as seen in the first picture.

I have also confirmed that I am running a compatible build. (Build: 92002)

Also as far as the device itself goes it is updated to the newest IOS.

(Side not: Is the App Catalog the only way to actually install the app on the device?)

Replies (4)

Hi Tyler,

Greetings from Mobile Device Manager Plus support.

On your reported issue we found the issue was caused due to you added the same app twice, through the app store and through the VPP.During the season we have removed the App that was added through App store and redistributed the app which resolved the issue.

Kindly drop a mail to " mdm-support@manageengine.com" for any further query.

Assuring you of our best services as always.

Regards,

-----

Ravin R

Technical Support Engineer

Desktop and Mobile Device Management Solution

Direct Support : +1 408 916 9886

Toll Free: +1 888 720 9500 (US) | 0800 028 6590 (UK) | +1 800 631 268 (AUS)

[Desktop Management |Desktop Management forMSP|OS Deployment|Mobile Device Management]

**'New ticket' for 'new request' would help us to serve you better

Onur Haytac Formation Lap
Ok Let's Assume we have installed the app from the VPP without Itunes login  and now we have a new version of the app which have pushed to the store and we need to update all the customers. What is the  process to update the VPP version of the app? THis is very important because , there is no way in the MDM to update the devices with the new version of the App using VPP. what do we tlel the customers ? we will ask them to put their itunes login or we can just update them remotely to the new version using VPP without not logging into the itunes store.

please let us know 
Hi Onur,

Greetings from Mobile Device Manager Plus support.

Thanks for sharing your real usage. I'm glad to inform you that the development team is working on App store and VPP app update feature and the same will be released within the end of Q3 or early Q4.

We'll keep you posted through Newsletters, blogs and forums once the feature is released.

Kindly drop a mail to " mdm-support@manageengine.com" for any further query.

Assuring you of our best services as always.

Regards,

-----

Ravin R

Technical Support Engineer

[Desktop Management |Desktop Management forMSP|OS Deployment|Mobile Device Management]

**'New ticket' for 'new request' would help us to serve you better

Hi Tyler/Onur,

Greetings from Mobile Device Manager support!

You have requested for the feature "iOS App store apps update" and it is available in the form of Hotfix with our support team now. Please contact our support team at mdm-support@manageengine.com for further assistance.

Kindly revert for any clarification.

Regards,

----------

Praveen Kumar .E
Associate Technical Consultant 

[Desktop Management | Desktop Management for MSP | OS Deployment |

Mobile Device Management | SCCM Third Party Patch Management]