Best way to import old PMP server data to new server (Migrate Windows Server 2003 to Server 2012)

Best way to import old PMP server data to new server (Migrate Windows Server 2003 to Server 2012)

Hoping someone can help me here. We have a REALLY old build (so old it is no longer supported for upgrades) running in production on a VM that is Windows Server 2003. We need to move to server 2012, and I am trying to take advantage of that opportunity to also start using the latest build/version of PMP.

I tried creating a clone of the 2003 server and then running it though all 19 upgrades to get it to build 8100 and converted the backend DB to PostgreSQL. I then ran a full backup and tried to restore that on my new server instance using the restoredb.bat file, but this failed with an error regarding an incorrect password. I then attempted to extract the files from the backup and copy them into the relevant folders manually. When I try to start the PMP server services after this, it churns for about 5 or 6 minutes, then fails. The only error in the startup log says "Backup data is from WINDOWS32 bit version of PMP. Currently installed version is WINDOWS64 bit version. Install WINDOWS32 bit of PMP and proceed with data recovery" Am I stuck with 32-bit versions if I don't want to lose my data? Is there a different way I should be doing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Shaun
      • Topic Participants

• Drift

New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?