Configuration Deployment Status

Configuration Deployment Status

It would be fantastic if a feature could be added so that in the configuration summary/execution status window a new state could be added and additional information.

As it stands now, when I deploy a configuration there is no middle ground between "ready to execute" and "executed". There is no way for me to know that the DC agent on the target computer has received the configuration instructions and is processing the configuration. It would be great if the configuration summary page would show that the DC agent has received the configuration, is downloading the files, is installing the software or applying the configuration, finalizing the task, then finishes by showing "executed".

Sometimes when I deploy a configuration immediately, the target computer does not begin installing immediately and I am left in limbo trying to figure out why it is not deploying. More often than not it is because Windows Updates or another software installation is in progress so DC has to wait until the other installation is complete. To figure this out I have to look at the software deployment logs for the agent on the target to see what is going on. It would be awesome if DC could show the current status of a configuration deployment, and if the installation is pending due to a scheduled reboot on the target, or pending due to another software installation in progress. This way I at least know that the DC agent is responding and the configuration has been successfully received by the target and is pending installation.
              New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?