Creating new O365 user with Exchange Online mailbox

Creating new O365 user with Exchange Online mailbox

Good day,

We have ADManager Plus (Build 6540) configured for O365 integration and am working on a new user creation template.  Most of the settings I'm good with but am a little confused as to what selections need to be made on the Exchange tab to create the new mailbox.  We are in the middle of our Exchange Online migration and have about 1/5 of our mailboxes migrated already - the remainder will be done this weekend.  With that in mind, I wanted to start creating new users with their mailbox already in the Exchange Online environment.  We have an on-prem Exchange 2010 environment (we are migrating from) and an Exchange 2016 Hybrid Exchange server already set up and operating.  In ADMP, are the mailboxes created normally in the on-prem or hybrid and then migrated via script or is there an inherent way of doing this through ADMP?

I found this information in a separate search and can do it this way, but wanted to see if ADMP has a way to do this on its own to simplify the process:  https://sysmanage.wordpress.com/2015/09/14/manageengine-admanager-plus-automatically-create-hybrid-office-365-accounts/

I'd love to hear from any users that have had experience in this type of situation and any ideas for this.

New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?