java.lang.NullPointerException when upgrading from 6020 to 7001

java.lang.NullPointerException when upgrading from 6020 to 7001

Hi,

I'm upgrading a 6000 server to 7001, however I've hit a problem. The 6010 and 6020 upgrades worked fine, however when I apply the 7001 upgrade I get the following error:
---
Enter the patch file to install:/root/AdventNet_ManageEngine_EventLog_Analyzer_6_0_0_SP-7_1.ppm
Installing  RXTXcomm.jar                            100% Completed     [/]osName :: [Linux]
DB_HOME /opt/ManageEngine/EventLog/bin/..//mysql   DB_PORT 33335   TMP_HOME /opt/ManageEngine/EventLog/mysql/tmp
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adventnet.persistence.SchemaBrowserUtil.getTableDefinition(SchemaBrowserUtil.java:1282)
    at com.adventnet.persistence.SchemaBrowserUtil.getDataDictionary(SchemaBrowserUtil.java:965)
    at com.adventnet.persistence.SchemaBrowserUtil.loadAllModuleDD(SchemaBrowserUtil.java:900)
    at com.adventnet.sa.patch.EventLogPostProcess.install(EventLogPostProcess.java:498)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.adventnet.tools.update.installer.Unzipper.contextPostInstallation(Unzipper.java:1406)
    at com.adventnet.tools.update.installer.Unzipper.invokePostInstallationClasses(Unzipper.java:1238)
    at com.adventnet.tools.update.installer.ApplyPatch.installPatch(ApplyPatch.java:289)
    at com.adventnet.tools.update.installer.ApplyPatch.run(ApplyPatch.java:223)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Service Pack installed successfully
---

I've had to apply the following changes:
Add "-Dtools.discSpaceCheck=false" to UpdateManager.sh
After 6010 patch, remove ">" from the beginning of the first line. (I'm pretty sure this is a bug in your upgrade.)

I've taken a backup of the mysql directory after every upgrade so I was able to back out of the 7001 upgrade and it works fine on 6020 now.

Cheers,
Tor Magnus

New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?