Mail Sending Failed

Mail Sending Failed

Hi All,

Suddenly, just as of this morning, I am unable to reply to requests. When I attempt to reply I receive the following message...

I am certain that all of the "Mail Server Settings" ( https://sdpondemand.manageengine.com/AdminDetails.cc?forwardTo=email) are correct...and besides...it has been working for over two years and nothing in our environment changed since yesterday.

Has anyone encountered this before and, if so, can you please share the fix?

Thanks,
Tom Preston

PS: I thought I would add this potentially important information. The account that sends SDP email is a hosted account at our ISP. The email address is manageengine@[OurDomainName.com] and, as mentioned earlier, has been working for more than two years. Additionally, I am able to login to webmail for that account (at our ISP's website) using the same credentials entered into SDP. Also, we have 40 other email accounts with that ISP and no other account is having any difficulty sending mail (through Outlook).

I just triple-checked the configuration of the Mail server Settings by...
  1. Copying the manageengine@[OurDomainName.com] address from an email it sent to me
  2. Pasting it into the POP & SMTP User Name fields
  3. Copying the POP & SMTP servers from my working Outlook account
  4. Pasting them into the POP & SMTP Server Name fields
  5. Copying the password for the account that is kept in an Excel spreadsheet.
  6. Logging into webmail using that password (to confirm it is correct)
  7. And finally pasting the password into the POP & SMTP Password fields
After doing all this, I clicked the Save button and received the error message below...

Thanks again and I hope this information helps.
              New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?