Removable Storage Audit Compatibility

Removable Storage Audit Compatibility

Good Morning
I'm writing here because I'd like to have some information about compatibility of Removable Storage Auditing.
I am now using AD Audit Plus installed on a Domain Controller which is WINDOWS 2008 SERVER R2.
In my environment there are many Windows 8.1 Workstation regularly licensed.

Talking about it with my vendor, he told me that the Removable Storage Auditing works only on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 and superior, like it is said on the software interface when I enable this kind of reports.
Anyway I gave it a try: since my DC is a Windows Server 2008 R2 but my workstation are ok with the requirements, I enabled object access and removable device audit locally on the workstation, and I did a few tests but nothing comes up in the reports.
(I even tried to enable event views for this, as the user Karthik Annavi wrote here:   https://forums.manageengine.com/topic/usb-pen-drive-unauthorized-copies   )

So my question is: even if my wokstation are Windows 8 and 8.1, does this auditing won't work because my DC is 2008 R2 and not 2012 Server?
Do the data are collected through the DC and it is not possible to collect events and data directly by the Ad Audit software taking them by the windows 8 workstation?

My goal is to track all the files copied to USB drives.
In case it is possible, what do I have to do to enable it on the workstation side?

Thank you in advance

ML

New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?