Reports in Office 365

Reports in Office 365

When I run a report of a user in ADManager under AD Reports - Office 365 called Unlicensed Users - this reports shows me all the unlicensed users as well as any shared mailboxes.  I'm assuming this is because shared mailboxes do not consume a license.

At first I thought this was just a typo - and it should be unlicensed mailboxes, however this is not the case since unlicensed users do not have a mailbox, but shared mailboxes do actually contain mail data and/or mailboxes (however they do not have a user id or login).

This is very frustrating because as a termination process we use the convert to shared mailbox as a way to preserve the user's inbox, without consuming a license - but would like to purge this data out after so many days...

I know if you run the powershell command get-mailbox upn |Fl - there is a value called:

RecipientType                          : UserMailbox

And one called 

IsInactiveMailbox                      : False

And 

SKUAssigned                            : True 

I tried to work with a support person yesterday in regards to this, and they were trying to tell me it is operating correctly - and it is not... unlicensed users do not have mailboxes and if you just rename it to say unlicensed mailboxes then it would not include users.  
              New to ADManager Plus?

New to ADSelfService Plus?