Dear Users,

SDP 9220 has been released and can be downloaded from the URL below,

https://www.manageengine.com/products/service-desk/service-packs.html

New features in 9220

• SDF-62076 : Request collaboration: If a Technician modifies a request, the modifications are visible to all Technicians accessing that particular request. By default, the request collaboration feature works on port 8081. (If ServiceDesk Plus is configured using an alias URL, make sure you configure the same using 8081). The port number can be changed in server.xml.
  • SDF-59460 : Change module: Field and form rules can be configured in the change module to define the rules that can be executed on a change request form. Field and form rules are executed during the following conditions: after a change form is loaded, when some field in the form is changed, and before a change form is submitted. The rules can be disabled or enabled, wherein the disabled rules will not be applied.
  • SDF-61191 : Purchase module: The purchase request can be created in the early stages of creating a purchase order. Vendor quotes can be attached to a purchase request and sent for approval to the concerned approvers. Once approved, a purchase order can be created from the purchase request.
  • SDF-62837 : Reports module: To ensure stability of the application, a 'stability settings' option along with recommended values has been provided under reports >> custom settings to set up threshold on the number of parallel reports, maximum number of rows per report, and report time out in minutes.
  • SDF-34779 : Self-service portal: Approval reminder notifications can be configured under admin >> self service portal settings to send out notifications to the approvers on pending approvals.

Behavior changes in 9220:

• Change of default theme from blue to grey.
  • Notes icon turns yellow, whenever a new note is added to a Request. For this to work, press CTRL+SHIFT+R.
  • Assignment of category-based Technicians is now taken into consideration for all edit operations of Requests.
  • Assigning Technicians through Business Rules is of more priority than the Category based Technicians.
  • When a Technician is assigned via either Business Rule or Category and if the assigned Technician is not a part of the Group in the Request, then the Technician is retained rather than the group. However, this behaviour is applicable only for form based Add and Edit Request operations.

Issues Fixed in 9220:

• SD-51149 : "Rarely used software installations" report does not get generated properly.
  • SD-58916, SD-59427 : Unable to allocate the users to CAL license when the user name contains any umlaut characters (like ä,ö,ü).
  • SD-59868 : Exception is thrown when 'Managed Software' link under Home tab of a remote server is clicked.
  • SD-60549 : Workstation does not get listed under global left panel search, when searched under 'Asset' category using IP address.
  • SD-62401 : Unable to precisely update Software license count.
  • SD-62295 : 'Add Attachment' option is wrongly shown in Software details page.
  • SD-62973 : Technician Auto assign does not work while editing a Service Request.
  • SD-62967 : Migration failure due to the pre-existence of ConstraintName UVHValues_UK1.
  • SD-56892 : The Sub-categories/Items are not loaded properly while viewing a Request in Native App.
  • SD-62490 : Problem while assigning Technicians during Request creation / modification through various modes, like Business Rules / Category based Technicians, is now corrected. (Refer Behavior changes)
  • SD-63449 : Translations fixed in Survey and Project modules in Turkish language.
  • SD-62721 : Unable to edit few Business Rules since Rendering Exception occurs in Business Rules List.

Please refer to the below link for the steps to install the patch.

Regards,
Edwin Vasantha Kumar
Servicedesk Plus Team

Replies (25)

RCPSC 15 laps

• SDF-62076 : Request collaboration: If a Technician modifies a request, the modifications are visible to all Technicians accessing that particular request. By default, the request collaboration feature works on port 8081. (If ServiceDesk Plus is configured using an alias URL, make sure you configure the same using 8081). The port number can be changed in server.xml.

Can you elaborate on this feature -- does it function like a 'Watch List' where any new notes or conversations are sent via email to a group of techs? 

Or does it only show updates to a tech opening the request within the tool? What 'modifications' are included? Notes, Conversations, Actions or only edits to the Requester Details?

• SDF-59460 : Change module: Field and form rules can be configured in the change module to define the rules that can be executed on a change request form. Field and form rules are executed during the following conditions: after a change form is loaded, when some field in the form is changed, and before a change form is submitted. The rules can be disabled or enabled, wherein the disabled rules will not be applied.

Can we apply these rules to fields under a Change Stage? For example, for a Standard Change we would not need the 'Downtime' field under the Planning Stage. 

My assumption is that these rules would apply similar to the Request forms which is unfortunate since configuring the Stage fields also has value. 

SD 9218
MS SQL

Canada
RCPSC 15 laps
still waiting for a reply :/

RCPSC 15 laps
still waiting.........

SD 9217 Enterprise
MS SQL
-------------------------
Canada
Umasankar Director-Engineering
Hi RCPSC,

....does it function like a 'Watch List' where any new notes or conversations are sent via email to a group of techs? 
It is to notify technician when any other technician gets into same request details page or updates same request.  Assume for example tech 1 gets into a request details page and another technician, tech 2 also view the request details, now both the technicians will be notified on the presence of other person.  Also when any of the technician takes an action like adding notes, replying to request, updating the request,.. other technician will be updated on the action taken.  It is an in service notification with in the request details page itself and not through email.  You can try this in test environment by logging as two different technicians (in different browsers) and access same request details page.

Can we apply these rules to fields under a Change Stage? For example, for a Standard Change we would not need the 'Downtime' field under the Planning Stage. 
For now this is applicable for Change Submission stage alone.  We will look to extend this for subsequent stages down the line.

regards,
Uma..
SDP team.

Demetrius 25 Laps
Hello,

SD-63089 was supposed to be fixed in build 9220 but I do not see it on the list?

Best regards,
Demetrius
Dear Demetrius,

This issue SD-63089 will get released in the next immediate hotfix.

Regards,
Srikrishnan
James+Coburn Formation Lap
I would be careful installing this update. I installed it today and the Helpdesk is now offline effectively.

The update was successful but when you login to the Helpdesk via LDAP authentication it automatically logs you out.

I am awaiting on Support.
Dear James,

Can you please provide us with the support file to support@servicedeskplus.com after you perform the login into the application using LDAP authentication. Specify the username you tried to login so that it will be helpful to analyse the logs. Also let us know whether you can able to login using local authentication as well.

Regards,
Srikrishnan
bla4free 15 laps
"Change of default theme from blue to grey."

I just applied this hotfix and ours is still blue. Am I missing something?
Hi bla4free,

Please check by clearing your browser cache whether you can able to view the grey theme. 

Grey theme is applied to all the "Section header background" across all tabs. And this is not applied on the header and tabs.

Earlier the section header looks with Blue colour..

And now the Section header looks with Grey colour..

This style changes applies under various module tabs and popups .

Trust this clarifies.

Regards,
Srikrishnan
ServiceDesk Plus.
BSanders Formation Lap
since updating to build 9220 I can no longer add notes.  Does anyone have a fix or should I revert back?

thanks
Hi Ben Sanders,

We don't have any open issues in adding notes to request in 9220. 
Have you tried adding notes from the request details page or from the request list view ? 
What is the behaviour you faced in your environment ?. 
Whether the issue is with Notes addition by technician or requester or both ? 
And the issue happens consistently across all browsers ? 
Please let us know whether you have SSO enabled in your environment. 
Provide us with the support file once you tried to add a notes and if the notes not getting added into the application, generate the the support file and send it to us (support@servicedeskplus.com) for further analysis. Mention the request id to which you tried to add notes.

Appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
Srikrishnan
ServiceDesk Team.

Dear,

The Installer Service Desk Plus 9220 does not support installation on MS SQL Server . I downloaded the 9220 version in the section " downloads " , but when we run the installer does not appear the option to MSSQL .

There is a package for MSSQL ?
Hi Paulo Sergio,

Application still supports MSSQL. After installation of the product, you need to go to <Product-Home>/bin  i.e ServiceDesk/bin folder , and invoke changeDBServer.bat / sh file. And where you can select the database you want to connect to. 

Please refer to the below link for more details on setting up the database. 

Regards,
Srikrishnan
ServiceDesk Plus.
Roshan Formation Lap
Hi,

Please can you elaborate how to use the Purchase request?

• SDF-61191 : Purchase module: The purchase request can be created in the early stages of creating a purchase order. Vendor quotes can be attached to a purchase request and sent for approval to the concerned approvers. Once approved, a purchase order can be created from the purchase request.

• I am unable to find this option at all.

Thanks,
    Roshan

Hi Roshan,

As of now this feature is available only in enterprise edition. If you are using "Professional Edition" then you have to purchase the "Service Catalog" module as Add-on to enable this feature.

--Murugesh
    monkeychops 5 Laps
    Upgraded to 9221 today and now whatever page i try and load it always downloads a commFrame.do file whenever I navigate to a page.

Any one else have experience of this?

Just to add more information. This is only something that happens in chrome. It does not occur in IE or edge.

Richard Archer 10 Laps
    Have you tried the standard Ctrl+F5 cacheless refresh?
    monkeychops 5 Laps
    Certainly have. Tried it on a couple of machines too. Only happens in chrome!

Priya Kumar Manager-Support
    Hi Chops,

Try using a New Incognito Window and check whether this issue is resolved.

ManageEngine ServiceDesk|AssetExplorer
    Direct Support No: +1 408 916 9300 || TollFree No: 1-888-720-9500
    I have seen a couple of issue as well that I have contacted support about.

Can't create a PO from PR unless you are a SDAdmin.

What is the use of Service Request Approver?

I can set anyone as approver in the SR and they get the email and can approve.

Chris Trauner
    Network Analyst
    Dinesh Bhaskaran Product Expert-SDP
    Hi Christopher,

You would need to create a custom role enabling required access for the Purchase module and assign this role to the Technicians, so that Non-admin technicians will also have access to Purchase module. A custom Role can be created under Admin -> Roles.

Only the Users who are enabled with Service Request Approver will be listed in the Service Request workflow, you can choose the required Users and configure them for approving a request.

Best Regards,
    Dinesh Bhaskaran
    ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus | Asset Explorer
    monkeychops 5 Laps
    Incognito mode doesn't resolve the comm.do download issue. It does exactly the same.

Nikolay 5 Laps
    Hi All!

Found a difference in pop-up message when closing requests with mandatory fields.

In our current version 9212 it looks

and in version 9220 on our test server it looks

also it changes the mode to Edit.

This is a step back. We've found the new message in 9212 very nice and more comfortable. Why was it changed back?

Thanks
    Nikolay
    Umasankar Director-Engineering
    Hi Nikolay,

There are a couple of usability issues while introducing the new alert UI (like the status field is reverted if closure code does not satisfy and user does not know the field gets reverted, the alert ui is not visible when the request details page has browser scroll and edit operation is performed from the bottom section of the page,..).  Hence we have rolled back the entire thing.  We are revisiting the flow and UI and will bring back soon.

regards,
    Uma..
    SDP team.